Sympa Menu

k-theory - PCMI Undergraduate Faculty Program on motivic degree and Milnor numbers

Subject: algebraic K-theory

PCMI Undergraduate Faculty Program on motivic degree and Milnor numbers

  • From: Kyle Ormsby <ormsbyk@reed.edu>
  • To: k-theory@lists.illinois.edu
  • Subject: PCMI Undergraduate Faculty Program on motivic degree and Milnor numbers
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 07:45:00 -0700

Dear colleagues,

I will be leading the (virtual) PCMI Undergraduate Faculty Program (UFP) on motivic degree and Milnor numbers August 2-6 this summer. The program will explore singular curves and (quadratic refinement of) their Milnor numbers.  Applications are due by April 5; see details and apply here:

https://www.ias.edu/pcmi/programs/pcmi-2021-undergraduate-faculty-program

The UFP serves faculty with a strong interest in undergraduate teaching and research, and I hope that participants will leave with a window into the evolving area of quadratic enumerative geometry and with ideas for mentoring undergraduate projects.

Please feel free to share this announcement with colleagues who may be interested in the program!

Best wishes,
Kyle

ps Note that PCMI is also running motivic-flavored virtual undergraduate and graduate summer schools this year. UFP participants will be invited to join the USS as well.
https://www.ias.edu/pcmi/pcmi-2021-undergraduate-summer-school
https://www.ias.edu/pcmi/programs/pcmi-2021-graduate-summer-school

--
Kyle Ormsby
Associate Professor and Chair

  • PCMI Undergraduate Faculty Program on motivic degree and Milnor numbers, Kyle Ormsby, 03/26/2021

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page