Sympa Menu

k-theory - Fwd: Sad News about Andrew Ranicki

Subject: algebraic K-theory

Fwd: Sad News about Andrew Ranicki

  • From: "Daniel R. Grayson" <danielrichardgrayson@gmail.com>
  • To: k-theory@lists.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Fwd: Sad News about Andrew Ranicki
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 05:04:11 -0500

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: GORDON Iain <i.gordon@ed.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 3:01 AM
Subject: Sad News about Andrew Ranicki

Dear Dan,

I’m sorry to be saying hello with sad news.

Andrew Ranicki passed away two nights ago, from a form of leukemia. Ida, his wife, was at his side. Andrew was a well-known figure in K-theory and had an irrepressible spirit and an extraordinary appreciation of people, so I am sure that he will be missed greatly.

I expect there will be a memorial service for him in the next couple of months.

I know that you are very active in keeping the K-theory community connected. Would you be able to share the news?

Best,
Iain
Professor of Mathematics
Hodge Institute & School of Mathematics,
University of Edinburgh
James Clerk Maxwell Building
The King's Buildings
Peter Guthrie Tait Road
EDINBURGH
EH9 3FD

  • Fwd: Sad News about Andrew Ranicki, Daniel R. Grayson, 02/22/2018

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page