Sympa Menu

k-theory - Michael Weiss' birthday conference, Lisbon 6/27-7/1 [corrected]

Subject: algebraic K-theory

Michael Weiss' birthday conference, Lisbon 6/27-7/1 [corrected]

  • From: Gustavo Granja <ggranja@math.ist.utl.pt>
  • To: algtop-l@lists.lehigh.edu, k-theory@lists.illinois.edu
  • Cc: Pedro Boavida <pedro.boavida@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Michael Weiss' birthday conference, Lisbon 6/27-7/1 [corrected]
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 14:45:42 +0000

Third announcement of

Topology of manifolds: a conference in honour of Michael Weiss’ 60th
birthday

to be held at the University of Lisbon on June 27 — July 1, 2016.

Plenary speakers:

Ralph Cohen (Stanford)
Johannes Ebert (Muenster)
Thomas Goodwillie (Brown)
Mikhail Gromov (IHES) *
Wolfgang Lueck (HIM Bonn)
Ib Madsen (Copenhagen)
Oscar Randal-Williams (Cambridge)
Emily Riehl (Johns Hopkins)
Peter Teichner (MPI Bonn/Berkeley)
Karen Vogtmann (Cornell)
Nathalie Wahl (Copenhagen)

(* to be confirmed)

We have obtained an NSF conference grant to support a number of early career
participants based in the US. We can also cover flights to the US from
Copenhagen for participants who are attending the Young Topologists Meeting
the following week.

The deadline for applying for financial support and propose a contributed
talk has been extended to

*** March 15th ***

Registration at the conference website:
https://sites.google.com/site/manifoldslisbon2016/

Looking forward to seeing you in Lisbon.

The organizing committee
Pedro Boavida, Soren Galatius, Gustavo Granja, Pascal Lambrechts

and the scientific committee
Greg Arone, Ulrike Tillmann, Andrew Ranicki.

  • Michael Weiss' birthday conference, Lisbon 6/27-7/1 [corrected], Gustavo Granja, 02/23/2016

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page